1. The competitive classes are open to all persons (or groups where applicable).
2. Only amateurs may enter the Photographic classes, the Domestic Section’s Hobbies classes and the Floral Arrangement classes.
3. All exhibits must be the property of the exhibitor or exhibiting group.
4. All Horticultural exhibits must be staged between 7.30am and 10.00am on the day of the Show, all Domestic exhibits between 8.30am and 10.15am and all Junior exhibits between 8.30am and 10.00am.
5. Flowers, foliage, etc. may be purchased or otherwise obtained for use in the Floral Arrangement classes (except where specifically stated to the contrary).
6. Exhibits for all other sections must have been grown, gathered, produced, arranged, assembled, or made by the exhibitor.
7. Non-compliance with the specifications of Classes in respect of numbers or nature of exhibits or size of containers will involve disqualification.
8. All entry forms for all classes must be completed and signed and returned with the appropriate fees to one of the addresses as shown in the “Entries” Section of this web site by 6.30pm on the Thursday before the Show. Other events as specified on the entry form.
9. In the Horticultural Section competitors are allowed only one entry in each class (except class 27). In Flower Arrangements, only one entry is allowed in each class. In the Domestic, Handicraft and Junior Sections, there is no limit to the number of entries that can be made by any competitor in any one class with the exception of Classes 134, 135 and 136 (wine and beer) where entries will be limited to 10 bottles.
10. All exhibits must be properly and neatly staged as directed and where necessary washed.
11. All exhibitors must be clear of the Show tents by 10.15am, so that judging can commence promptly at 10.30am.
12. Exhibits may be removed from 4.30pm. (Please note: vehicles will not be allowed on to the showground before the close of the show at approximately 5.15pm).
13. Cash awards will be available for collection from the tents between 3.30pm and 5.30pm. Awards not claimed between these hours shall be forfeited, and shall form part of the funds of the Show.
14. Any exhibit not claimed by 5.30pm on the day of the Show may be forfeited, when it shall be disposed of as the Committee thinks fit. Any proceeds of sale of such exhibits shall form part of the funds of the Show.
15. The number of prizes (and/or sets of points) that any one exhibitor may win in any one class is limited as follows: Horticultural and Floral arrangement Sections – no restriction. Other Sections – Two.
16. The conditions under which special awards are offered are to be read as part of these rules.
17. The awarding of prizes shall be entirely at the Judges’ discretion and in the event of a scant entry for any class, or where the exhibits do not in the Judges’ opinion warrant a prize, the Judges may decline to make an award.
18. The Judges’ decision as to relative merit shall be final. Any protest or objection which shall be only on the grounds of misinterpretation of the schedule must be made in writing and lodged with the Secretary before 3.00pm on the day of the Show and be accompanied by a fee of 50p, which will be refunded if the objection is upheld.
19. This schedule shall be subject to alteration without notice if deemed necessary by the Committee.
20. The Committee shall have the power to make such further rules for the successful running of the Show as it may find to be expedient.
21. The Committee does not accept responsibility for any accident sustained by any exhibitor or spectator or other person before, during or after the Show, nor for any damage to or loss of property.
22. Any contravention of the Rules will involve the disqualification of the exhibit concerned, and may involve the disqualification of the competitor for such period of years as the Committee in their absolute discretion shall decide.
23. An exhibitor may be required by the Committee to sign a declaration to the effect that the Rules have been fully observed, and the Committee further reserve the right of inspection, including the inspection of exhibitors’ gardens.
The Committee’s decision on all points arising from the Rules shall be final.