1. The Top Vase class is for a vase of mixed flowering stems containing a total of between five and ten stems, taken from a minimum of two different kinds of plants.
Please note that is two different KINDS of plants, two varieties of the same genera are NOT two kinds.
2. The display will be judged out of a total of 35 points, split into: 25 points for the colour, form, condition, quality and freshness of the flowers on display, and 10 points for the overall presentation and effect of the flowers in the vase. The vase will be viewed from all directions. Judging of the flowers should be to normal Royal Horticultural Society rules.
3. Stems used in the display must be showing fresh home-grown flowers only; no dried flowers, seed heads or berries are allowed.
4. The vase can be any shape and size and made from any material, but must be in proportion to the display. No marks are awarded for the vase itself.
5. No accessories whatsoever – such as bows and additional foliage – will be allowed. Foliage which is growing naturally from the flowering stem, and still attached to that stem, will be allowed. Packing material – including florists foam – to keep the stems upright and in place is allowed.
6. First Prize £7.50, Second Prize £5.00, Third Prize £3.00
Notes for exhibitors and judges:
The Top Vase class is open for anyone to enter and is not intended purely for growers who regularly display single species classes at shows.
The points awarded should be clearly marked by the Judges on the exhibitors’ cards.
Any queries that may arise, regarding anything other than the above rules, should be referred to, and decided by, the show officials.
Failure to abide by any of these rules will result in disqualification.